The Success Equation/Una Ecuacíon Para el Éxito – Tull & Tull paper now available
Thank you for the outpouring of support regarding our short paper on the “Success Equation.”
This information has been presented at the following venues:
- MIT MSRP Summer Research Dinner, Boston, June 2012
- UMBC Summer Success Institute, Baltimore, August 2012
- Ana G. Mendez System Research Symposium Dinner, San Juan, Puerto Rico, September 2012 (Title of presentation: “Una Ecuacíon Para el Éxito”)
- Meyerhoff Graduate Fellows Annual Retreat (with a faculty and student Panel), September 2012
- The next presentation will be at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, Oct. 1, 2012.
- Coming soon: a presentation for the McNair Scholars at UMBC, invitation accepted, date TBA.
Here is the link for the paper: http://promiseagep.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/opn-success-equation-final-tull-and-tull-september-2012.pdf.
Here is the equation for “Momentum of Success” (2), based on Dr. Shirley Jackson’s equation for POWER (1).
We extend our thanks to the editors of Optics and Photonics News, and Diversity Editor, Dr. Anthony Johnson.
Thank you to the PROMISE AGEP for inspiring this paper.
- Information for applying to graduate school (English & Spanish). Applications will be due soon! (promiseagep.wordpress.com)
- How to fund your graduate education! Dr. Ordóñez Rozo and Dr. Carter-Johnson (PROMISE Alumni) present their award-winning seminar on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012 (promiseagep.wordpress.com)
- Bienvenidos! A new workshop for STEM women faculty comes to Puerto Rico October 4-6, 2012 (hispanicstemwomen.wordpress.com)
- Dissertation House for UMBC Employees and Non-Traditional Students, Oct. 12-13, 2012 (dissertationhouse.wordpress.com)